Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Halloween Baby


Isaac ... 1988-2003

My son Isaac was born on Halloween. I don't usually write about him here. One day I plan on scanning all the photos and drawings and making a blog for him. I probably have hundreds of drawings that he did. He drew a lot. I don't think he did it to make a finished picture. It was one of the ways he played. He created battles and fantastical creatures with mystical powers. Once, when he was very little he asked if he could have explosions for Christmas. I think he meant fireworks. Tonight I took a little walk around the neighborhood, to see the kids in their costumes, to watch fireworks in our little park, to remember that thrill of being out in the dark at that age, and imagining the possibility of the supernatural.

Happy Halloween my Son
...

5 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Becky, I have to say that I really got into your son's pictures. They are so full of movement. The stick figures proportional. And the wings!! Excellent.

PJ said...

What a nice tribute for you son and sharing his imaginative drawings!

jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica said...

a beautiful tribute.
great pictures.

Beata said...

All very beautiful and touching....