Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Birthday Presents

This beautiful green and blue mohair and the multi coloured yarn below, were birthday gifts from my daughter. There's more too, but I'll save that for another day. I like photographs of yarn for pure esthetic value, but if anyone wants, I will give the specifics.




This yarn has a little sparkle to it, but it didn't really show up in the photo.

A very good friend gave me this very large piece of vintage fabric. It feels so familiar and so totally me. I have enough to make curtains, which is probably what I will do, since I don't think I could bear to take a pair of scissors to it.


And this is from me. . . sock yarn of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... please please tell me what that pink/brown sock yarn is! I've been looking everywhere for something like it!

I've been lurking on your blog for a few weeks now and had to delurk when I saw that!!

I've really been enjoying your pics! Thanks for sharing them!

Stitchy said...

Both sock yarns are DG confefetti superwash. The pink is 02.005 and the blue/brown is 193. Thanks Christine.